Mechanical engineering technicians help mechanical engineers design, develop, test, and manufacture mechanical devices, including tools, engines, and machines. They may make sketches and rough layouts, record and analyze data, make calculations and estimates, and report their findings.
Task And Responsibilities
• Evaluate drawing designs for new or changed tools by measuring dimensions on the drawing and comparing them with the original specifications
• Prepare layouts and drawings of parts to be made and the process for putting them together
• Discuss changes with coworkers—for example, in the design of the part, in the way it will be made and put together, and in the techniques and process they will use
• Review instructions and blueprints for the project to ensure the test specifications, procedures, and objectives
• Plan, make, and put together new or changed mechanical parts for products, such as industrial machinery or equipment
• Set up and conduct tests of complete units and of parts as they would really be used, as a way to investigate proposals for improving equipment performance
• Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test methods
• Analyze test results in regarding design specifications and test objectives.
Communication skills. Mechanical engineering technicians must be able to clearly understand and follow instructions or, if they do not understand, ask their supervisors to explain. They must be able to clearly explain the need for changes in designs or test procedures both verbally and in writing.
Creativity. Mechanical engineering technicians help mechanical engineers bring their plans and designs to life. This often requires helping the engineer to overcome problems that might not have been anticipated.
Detail oriented. Mechanical engineering technicians must make precise measurements and keep accurate records for mechanical engineers.
Interpersonal skills. Mechanical engineering technicians must be able to take instructions and offer advice when it is needed.
Math skills. Mechanical engineering technicians use mathematics for analysis, design, and troubleshooting in their work.
Mechanical skills. Mechanical engineering technicians must apply theory and instructions from engineers by making new components for industrial machinery or equipment. They may need to be able to operate machinery such as drill presses, grinders, and engine lathes
Prospective mechanical engineering technicians usually take courses in fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, and mechanical design in a program leading to an associate’s degree.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to hr.bluefieldglobal @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to phone number stated in the advert.
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted